[Pacemaker] Fencing with iDrac 6 Enterprise

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Mon Mar 8 12:33:04 EST 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 06:08:37PM +0100, Sander van Vugt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > Is this still current? Can anyone point me to any documentation or
> > > examples of configuring iDRAC 6 Enterprise for STONITH, if indeed
> > > it's possible?
> >
> > It should be possible, but I can't say. Perhaps you can try with
> > drac5. If that won't do, then somebody has to write a stonith
> > plugin. BTW, that's normally not too difficult when one has
> > access to a device.
>
> I'd be most interested in getting some hints on how to do that. Is there
> anything like a mini-tutorial on how to write your own STONITH plugins
> available? I do have acces to the devices and I still am frustrated that
> I didn't get them to work. It would clean up my karma if I can find a
> solution anyway.

There's no tutorial, but you can take some of the existing
plugins and modify it. There are some implemented in C, shell,
and python. This device should be similar to external/drac5,
external/ipmi (shell), external/riloe (python), or ipmilan (C).

BTW, it didn't occur to me earlier, but if the device supports
IPMI, external/ipmi or ipmilan should do.

Thanks,

Dejan