[Pacemaker] Fencing with iDrac 6 Enterprise

Sander van Vugt mail at sandervanvugt.nl
Mon Mar 8 12:08:37 EST 2010

Hi,

> > Is this still current? Can anyone point me to any documentation or
> > examples of configuring iDRAC 6 Enterprise for STONITH, if indeed
> > it's possible?
>
> It should be possible, but I can't say. Perhaps you can try with
> drac5. If that won't do, then somebody has to write a stonith
> plugin. BTW, that's normally not too difficult when one has
> access to a device.

I'd be most interested in getting some hints on how to do that. Is there
anything like a mini-tutorial on how to write your own STONITH plugins
available? I do have acces to the devices and I still am frustrated that
I didn't get them to work. It would clean up my karma if I can find a
solution anyway.

BTW: In the mean time, I did get SBD STONITH to work. It's not hardware
dependent, you just need shared storage to make it working. And it works
smoothly for me :-)

Sander