[Pacemaker] DRBD Management Console 0.6.0

Rasto Levrinc rasto.levrinc at linbit.com
Tue Mar 2 01:39:10 EST 2010

On Tue, March 2, 2010 12:02 am, Cristian Mammoli - Apra Sistemi wrote:

> As you assumed, it's just a hint for the gui. Anyway I declared it
> "mandatory" for a reason.

Yes and the GUI uses the "mandatory" hint and does not let you apply if
you delete the mandatory argument. That's not the point here.

>> I've checked other RA's and they use both methods. Probably it would
>> safer if the DRBD-MC would store the default values anyway.
>>
>> On the other hand your RA could use something like that though:
>>

>> VIMSHBIN="${OCF_RESKEY_vimshbin-/usr/bin/vmware-vim-cmd}"
>>

> True, but IMHO you shouldn't omit a mandatory var and hope for the best.

You are most likely right and I will fix it in DRBD-MC. On the other hand,
I am fan of as small config as possible (it is more readable and less
error prone) and then if something has a default value I would expect that
RA uses it as a default. Other question is what should happen if default
value changes in the RA during upgrade, it depends on the application I
guess, but usually you would want to keep the previous default.

Rasto

--
: Dipl-Ing Rastislav Levrinc
: DRBD-MC http://www.drbd.org/mc/management-console/