[Pacemaker] DRBD Management Console 0.6.0

Tim Serong tserong at novell.com
Mon Mar 1 22:36:32 EST 2010

On 3/1/2010 at 11:16 PM, "Rasto Levrinc" <rasto.levrinc at linbit.com> wrote:
> On Mon, March 1, 2010 12:10 pm, Cristian Mammoli - Apra Sistemi wrote:
> > Hi again...
> >

> > I tried adding a resource with DMC. My script needs 2 mandatory
> > parameters: vmxpath and vimshbin
> >

> > In the gui i filled the field for vmxpath while vimshbin was already
> > present because the resource agent has:
> >
> > <shortdesc lang="en">vmware-vim-cmd path</shortdesc>
> > <content type="string" default="/usr/bin/vmware-vim-cmd"/>
>
> The question is, what the default here means. It is something that RA
> would use if nothing is specified or it is suggestion for GUI, what to
> offer as a default value. Obviously the DRBD-MC assumes the former and the
> vmware RA the latter.

IMO it's both :)  If the parameter is optional, default is the value the
RA should use internally if no value is explicitly specified.  If the
parameter is mandatory, default is what the management tools should populate
that field with initially.

Regards,

Tim

--
Tim Serong <tserong at novell.com>
Senior Clustering Engineer, OPS Engineering, Novell Inc.