[Pacemaker] Question on logd

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Fri Jan 29 03:00:47 EST 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 10:04 PM, Ken Dechick <kend at medent.com> wrote:

>  Hi eveyone,
>
> I have spent the better part of the afternoon searching for an answer as to
> why I get  " logd is not running" errors constantly.
> Using: DRBD: 8.3.6, Heartbeat 3.0.1-1 Pacemaker 1.0.6 on CentOS 5.3 x86_64
>
> It looks like the problem may be simply that I have no logd config file.
> All the documentation suggests that I can find a sample config file with the
> other heartbeat docs (/usr/share/docs/heartbeat-3.0.1 in my case), but this
> file does not exist on my systems (have 3 clusters up and running - it's not
> on any of them). I dig all kinds of web searches today and I cannot locate
> listing of how this file needs to be setup. Can someone help point me in the
> right direction here? Over and over the docs recommend that you use logd on
> over the old system of individual log, and debug  files, but I can't start
> logd without a config!!

Perhaps try /usr/share/docs/*glue* instead.
I'd expect that to be part of the cluster-glue packages now.

At any rate, here's the contents:

# File to write debug messages to
# Default: /var/log/ha-debug
#debugfile /var/log/ha-debug

#
#
# File to write other messages to
# Default: /var/log/ha-log
#logfile /var/log/ha-log

#
#
# Facility to use for syslog()/logger
# Default: daemon
#logfacility daemon

# Entity to be shown at beginning of a message
# for logging daemon
# Default: "logd"
#entity logd

# Do we register to apphbd
# Default: no
#useapphbd no

# There are two processes running for logging daemon
#   1. parent process which reads messages from all client channels
#   and writes them to the child process
#
#   2. the child process which reads messages from the parent process
through IPC
#   and writes them to syslog/disk

# set the send queue length from the parent process to the child process
#
#sendqlen 256

# set the recv queue length in child process
#
#recvqlen 256