[Pacemaker] Question on logd

Ken Dechick kend at medent.com
Thu Jan 28 16:04:42 EST 2010

Hi eveyone,

I have spent the better part of the afternoon searching for an answer as to why I get  " logd is not running" errors constantly.
Using: DRBD: 8.3.6, Heartbeat 3.0.1-1 Pacemaker 1.0.6 on CentOS 5.3 x86_64

It looks like the problem may be simply that I have no logd config file. All the documentation suggests that I can find a sample config file with the other heartbeat docs (/usr/share/docs/heartbeat-3.0.1 in my case), but this file does not exist on my systems (have 3 clusters up and running - it's not on any of them). I dig all kinds of web searches today and I cannot locate listing of how this file needs to be setup. Can someone help point me in the right direction here? Over and over the docs recommend that you use logd on over the old system of individual log, and debug  files, but I can't start logd without a config!!

Help!

Kenneth M DeChick
Linux Systems Administrator
Community Computer Service, Inc.
(315)-255-1751 ext154
http://www.medent.com
kend at medent.com
Registered Linux User #497318
"You canna change the laws of physics, Captain; I've got to have thirtyminutes! "

.

This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, SpamAssassin  & ClamAV. <BR>
 <BR>
This message and any attachments may contain information that is protected by law as privileged and confidential, and is transmitted for the sole use <BR>
of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of this e-mail <BR>
or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail, and permanently <BR>
delete this e-mail. <BR>