[Pacemaker] Low cost stonith device

Johan Verrept Johan.Verrept at able.be
Fri Sep 25 05:14:21 EDT 2009

Hi guys,

When I looked into this yesterday , I found this device:

	http://www.aviosys.com/ip_power_9258hp.html

At around 150 euro, it is pretty cheap. It is an independent device and
will not do nifty things like server console access (like the IPMI
cards) but it should work well for stonith purposes (over-featured,
actually). There is an even cheaper version but for a cluster I kinda
like the sound of "High grade components and extreme durability" ;).
I also like that it is independently powered so if the PSU of a server
fails, the stonith device will still work (and the cluster won't block).

I have one ordered and will write an RA for it as soon as I get it. The
device claims telnet access so it should not be hard to do.

Regards,

   Johan

PS: there are others too in this category of devices:
http://www.server-rack-online.com/cw-2h2-c20.html for about the same
price ($225), but with less power ports.