[Pacemaker] Cluster Refuses to Stop/Shutdown

Remi Broemeling remi at nexopia.com
Thu Sep 24 18:47:42 EDT 2009

I've spent all day working on this; even going so far as to completely
build my own set of packages from the Debian-available ones (which
appear to be different than the Ubuntu-available ones).  It didn't have
any effect on the issue at all: the cluster still freaks out and becomes
a split-brain after a single SIGQUIT.

The debian packages that also demonstrate this behavior were the below
versions:
    cluster-glue_1.0+hg20090915-1~bpo50+1_i386.deb
    corosync_1.0.0-5~bpo50+1_i386.deb
    libcorosync4_1.0.0-5~bpo50+1_i386.deb
    libopenais3_1.0.0-4~bpo50+1_i386.deb
    openais_1.0.0-4~bpo50+1_i386.deb
    pacemaker-openais_1.0.5+hg20090915-1~bpo50+1_i386.deb

These packages were re-built (under Ubuntu Hardy Heron LTS) from the
*.diff.gz, *.dsc, and *.orig.tar.gz files available at
http://people.debian.org/~madkiss/ha-corosync
<http://people.debian.org/%7Emadkiss/ha-corosync>, and as I said the
symptoms remain exactly the same, both under the configuration that I
list below and the sample configuration that came with these packages.
I also attempted the same with a single IP Address resource associated
with the cluster; just to be sure it wasn't an edge case for a cluster
with no resources; but again that had no effect.

Basically I'm still exactly at the point that I was at yesterday morning
at about 0900.

--

Remi Broemeling
Sr System Administrator

Nexopia.com Inc.
direct: 780 444 1250 ext 435
email: remi at nexopia.com <mailto:remi at nexopia.com>
fax: 780 487 0376

www.nexopia.com <http://www.nexopia.com>

On going to war over religion: "You're basically killing each other to
see who's got the better imaginary friend."
Rich Jeni