[Pacemaker] Cluster Refuses to Stop/Shutdown

Remi Broemeling remi at nexopia.com
Thu Sep 24 10:56:48 EDT 2009

I posted this to the OpenAIS Mailing List
(openais at lists.linux-foundation.org) yesterday, but haven't received a
response and upon further reflection I think that maybe I chose the
wrong list to post it to.  That list seems to be far less about user
support and far more about developer communication.  Therefore re-trying
here, as the archives show it to be somewhat more user-focused.

The problem is that I'm having an issue with corosync refusing to
shutdown in response to a QUIT signal.  Given the below cluster (output
of crm_mon):

============
Last updated: Wed Sep 23 15:56:24 2009
Stack: openais
Current DC: boot1 - partition with quorum
Version: 1.0.5-3840e6b5a305ccb803d29b468556739e75532d56
2 Nodes configured, 2 expected votes
0 Resources configured.

Online: [ boot1 boot2 ]

If I go onto the host 'boot2', and issue the command "killall -QUIT
corosync", the anticipated result would be that boot2 would go offline
(out of the cluster), and all of the cluster processes
(corosync/stonithd/cib/lrmd/attrd/pengine/crmd) would shut-down.
However, this is not occurring, and I don't really have any idea why.
After logging into boot2, and issuing the command "killall -QUIT
corosync", the result is a split-brain: