[Pacemaker] Now HOWTO: Dual primary DRBD + OCFS2

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at multinet.de
Mon Sep 14 03:36:24 EDT 2009

Am Montag, 14. September 2009 09:15:36 schrieb Florian Haas:
> On 2009-09-12 21:10, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I tried to write a new HOWTO about a setup of a dual primary DRBD and the
> > Cluster filesystem OCFS2 on top. You find it at:
> > http://www.clusterlabs.org/wiki/Dual_Primary_DRBD_%2B_OCFS2
> >
> > Please note that it is only a first try. So I would be glad about any
> > improvements. Please mail me your suggenstions. Thanks!
>
> Here we go:
> > Please note that the monitor-Operation of the primitive resource is not
> > only nice to have but essential to make the setup work. Otherwise the
> > second secondary resource will not get promoted after a failure.
>
> That is not true, monitor is not essential (although highly
> recommended). Enabling notify however *is* essential, and the RA will
> bail out with $OCF_ERR_CONFIGURED if notifications are not enabled.

See my thread: "Strange behaviour of dual master DRBD" for the behaviour of a
dual master DRBD resouce WITHOUT monitoring. I still do not have a satifying
answer, why pacmeaker does not promote the resource on a node after it got
online after a standy. With monitoring it works.

> > colocation colDLMDRBD inf: cloneDRBD msDRBD:Master
>
> "cloneDLM"?

Oops, yes. Thanks.

> > # mkfs.ocfs2 -N 16 /dev/drbd0
>
> 16 node slots for a filesystem that can only ever run on 2 nodes?

Copy and paste form the Novell Doc. Of course thes do not use DRBD. So I will
change.

> > primitive resFS ocf:heartbeat:Filesystem \
> >
> >     params device="/dev/drbd0" directory="/mnt" fstype="ocfs2" \
> >
> >     op monitor interval="120s"
>
> Use device="/dev/drbd/by-res/<resourcename>" please, makes the config
> much more transparent and easier to follow.

Ok

Thanks for all your comments!

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

mail: misch at multinet.de
web: www.multinet.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: 85630 Grasbrunn
Geschäftsführer: Günter Jurgeneit, Hubert Martens

---

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42