[Pacemaker] Now HOWTO: Dual primary DRBD + OCFS2

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Mon Sep 14 03:15:36 EDT 2009

On 2009-09-12 21:10, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to write a new HOWTO about a setup of a dual primary DRBD and the
> Cluster filesystem OCFS2 on top. You find it at:
> http://www.clusterlabs.org/wiki/Dual_Primary_DRBD_%2B_OCFS2
>
> Please note that it is only a first try. So I would be glad about any
> improvements. Please mail me your suggenstions. Thanks!

Here we go:

> Please note that the monitor-Operation of the primitive resource is not only nice to have but essential to make the setup work. Otherwise the second secondary resource will not get promoted after a failure.

That is not true, monitor is not essential (although highly
recommended). Enabling notify however *is* essential, and the RA will
bail out with $OCF_ERR_CONFIGURED if notifications are not enabled.

> colocation colDLMDRBD inf: cloneDRBD msDRBD:Master

"cloneDLM"?

> # mkfs.ocfs2 -N 16 /dev/drbd0

16 node slots for a filesystem that can only ever run on 2 nodes?

> primitive resFS ocf:heartbeat:Filesystem \
>
>     params device="/dev/drbd0" directory="/mnt" fstype="ocfs2" \
>
>     op monitor interval="120s"

Use device="/dev/drbd/by-res/<resourcename>" please, makes the config
much more transparent and easier to follow.

Cheers,
Florian