[Pacemaker] Building MySQL cluster with DRBD+Heartbeat+Pacemaker

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Sep 10 13:33:27 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 10:51:26PM +0300, George Negoita wrote:
> Hello!
>
> On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 11:12 AM, <devaraja.somaiah at wipro.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to build HA setup with DRBD+Hearbeat+pacemaker for MySQL
> > database.
> >
> > Can you pls let me know whether these versions are stable and compatible.I
> > tried building setup for resource level monitoring  with this,but confused
> > while creating crm clusters.
> >

> AFAIK, Heartbeat is more or less unmaintained. You should switch to OpenAIS.
> (
> http://www.clusterlabs.org/wiki/FAQ#Which_Messaging_Layer_Should_I_Choose.3F
> )

which does not mean it is not stable.  the cluster communication layer
of heartbeat, which is the only layer used by crm, is in some ways still
superior than what certain versions of OpenAIS can do now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but OpenAIS cannot do unicast, it can
apparently still not do multiple rings reliably, or recover
automatically from a broken ring, once the link works again.

Yes, those versions are OK, though of course pacemaker 1.0.5 is there,
and drbd 8.3.3rc2 is there already as well.

Maybe the problem should be described a bit (better)?

> I think this is a very good place to start:
> http://www.drbd.org/users-guide-emb/ch-pacemaker.html
> then, http://www.clusterlabs.org/wiki/Documentation

Thanks for advertising us ;)

--