[Pacemaker] Primary/Primary DRBD fence crm

Fausto Lombardi faulomba at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 06:10:10 EDT 2009

Hi of all,
I'm trying to setup a primary/primary DRBD with openais, pacemaker and
ocfs2.
I can't follow the new howto example in clusterlabs site because in my
distribution (centos 5.3) there isn't the dlm package and the corrispective
ocf ra.

So I have followed the steps in the drbd site but it doesn't work well.

In pacemaker I have created a master resource with the option master-max=2
and primary/slave monitor operation, so when I start the resource through
pacemaker drbd resource goes primary in both the nodes It's OK.

If I unplug the replication link (I have 2 ethernet card with 'rrp_mode:
active' in openais configuration) the node with role DC creates a constraint
in pacemaker (fence-peer /usr/lib64/drbd/crm-fence.sh" in drbd.conf) and the
drbd resource goes to secondary state in the other node; it's OK.

If I unplug the replication link when the drbd resource is mounted the node
with role DC creates a constraint in pacemaker but the drbd resource in the
other node remains in primary state and it becomes 'unmanaged' in pacemaker.
It's not OK!!!!

There is a method to stop this drbd resource also when this is mounted??

Thanks to all!!!!!

Bye.