[Pacemaker] Resource capacity limit

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Wed Nov 11 07:36:35 EST 2009

On 2009-11-05T14:45:36, Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net> wrote:

> Lastly, I would really like to defer this for 1.2
> I know I've bent the rules a bit for 1.0 in the past, but its really
> late in the game now.

Personally, I think the Linux kernel model works really well. ie, no
"major releases" any more, but bugfixes and features alike get merged
over time and constantly.

With increasing coverage of the regression tests, the existing
functionality is protected; which is really the important bit. This
encourages a smooth forward transition.

There's a point in having a devel tree (similar to linux-next) before
merging back major features into the trunk, but I don't really subscribe
to the major version flow. That just means that there's a lot of testing
that needs to happen at once, which means more things slip through than
with incremental testing. In my experience, major updates make them a
royal PITA for users.

Just my few euro cents ;-)

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA, OPS Engineering, Novell, Inc.