[Pacemaker] Resource capacity limit

Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] r.bhatia at ipax.at
Fri Nov 6 06:44:49 EST 2009

On 11/06/2009 12:28 PM, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> Actually thats not the rationale behind it at all.
> I don't believe additional time would have improved the quality.
> CTS passed, regression tests passed and no-one tests until its released...
not too true - when there have been issues in the past, i used to
"test" and even deploy interim builds to avoid my cluster freaking out
:)

> At least releasing often means that we see the next set of bugs sooner.
agreed

> The main reason is that if one week out of every 4 is consumed by
> testing, and another one for waiting for the build service, then thats
> not much time to actually get any work done in between.
>
> Thankfully the build service is out of the equation now so it takes at
> most a day to rebuild.
> But still, I think we're at the point where Pacemaker is stable enough
> that we don't need releases so often.
agreed for the core parts. but the cli might be worth updating more
often.

cheers,
raoul
DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc.          email.          r.bhatia at ipax.at
Technischer Leiter

IPAX - Aloy Bhatia Hava OEG         web.          http://www.ipax.at
Barawitzkagasse 10/2/2/11           email.            office at ipax.at
1190 Wien                           tel.               +43 1 3670030
FN 277995t HG Wien                  fax.            +43 1 3670030 15