[Pacemaker] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Debian Packages for Pacemaker 1.0.6, completely revamped

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Wed Nov 4 18:15:34 EST 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-05 at 00:06 +0100, Colin wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 5:47 PM, Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net> wrote:
> >
> > Hopelessly out of date?
> > Corosync has been supported for all of 3 days now.
>
> Sorry, it seems that I jumped to a wrong conclusion (namely that with
> Corosync being a part of OpenAIS, and Pacemaker having run on OpenAIS
> for a while, that there wasn't much difference to supporting Corosync
> instea of OpenAIS -- shows that I'm still quite ignorant about some of
> the internals.)
>
> Actually, I set up Pacemaker with Corosync from the new packages, just
> to see what it looks like, and it was so easy that we'll stick to it
> for the next round of tests, i.o.w., the details of the cluster
> underneath Pacemaker are so well hidden that (a) it doesn't make much
> difference, and (b) my ignorance in that area never was a problem: It
> just works.
>
> -Colin

The intent with Corosync was that the migration path for users is mostly
seamless and we have more or less nailed that with the exception of a
few different configuration file renaming and CLI binary renaming (and
of course a new ABI for Pacemaker to program to, which was not painless
for Andrew:).

Regards
-steve