[Pacemaker] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Debian Packages for Pacemaker 1.0.6, completely revamped

Colin colin.hch at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 18:06:07 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 5:47 PM, Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net> wrote:

> Hopelessly out of date?
> Corosync has been supported for all of 3 days now.

Sorry, it seems that I jumped to a wrong conclusion (namely that with
Corosync being a part of OpenAIS, and Pacemaker having run on OpenAIS
for a while, that there wasn't much difference to supporting Corosync
instea of OpenAIS -- shows that I'm still quite ignorant about some of
the internals.)

Actually, I set up Pacemaker with Corosync from the new packages, just
to see what it looks like, and it was so easy that we'll stick to it
for the next round of tests, i.o.w., the details of the cluster
underneath Pacemaker are so well hidden that (a) it doesn't make much
difference, and (b) my ignorance in that area never was a problem: It
just works.

-Colin