[Pacemaker] pacemaker-mgmt - future support, python bindings

Yan Gao ygao at novell.com
Fri Jul 17 04:15:10 EDT 2009

Hi Nikola,
On Fri, 2009-07-17 at 07:21 +0200, Nikola Ciprich wrote:
> Hello,
> few days ago, I asked about python bindings, since then, I played a
bit with
> pacemaker-mgmt package, especially the pymgmt class. I was able to
create very simple
> python management class using it, which could be used as a base for
creating more
> sophisticated library (which I'd like to create and release under the
(L)GPL).
Great! Thanks for the effort. Looking forward more discussion on it.

> But my question is: what are the future plans for the mgmt interface?
is it going
> to be supported?
We don't have any plan to stop supporting it in the foreseeable
future.
That also means we still need more improvements of it, such as more
wizards for convenience of configuration, an appropriate way to
consolidate with Dejan's CRM Shell, and so on... Any good thoughts or
efforts to improve or even evolve it are welcome.

Thanks again!

> I don't want to spend time with something what's going to be
obsoleted,
> so I'm rather asking...
> thanks a lot for any replies!
> BR