[Pacemaker] A demand to the process trouble.(OpenAIS/Corosync and Pacemaker)

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Fri Jul 17 03:54:10 EDT 2009

2009/7/17  <renayama19661014 at ybb.ne.jp>:
> Hi Andrew,
>
>> What do you mean by monitor here?
>> Do you mean that pacemaker would no longer detect if those two processes died?
>
> This monitor means the monitor of the resource.
> When these processes fall, the monitor of the resource of lrmd/stonithd stops.
> For example, the monitor of external/ssh and pgsql stops.
>
>> Do you mean the way heartbeat behaves with "crm on" instead of "crm respawn" ?
>
> I do not understand this meaning well.

That makes two of us :-)
I'm not sure I really understand the problem here.

If the crmd dies, then I (IIRC) the lrmd cancels all existing resource
monitoring.
However, when the crmd is recovered, it should setup the resource
monitoring again.

Is the second part not happening?

> I think that the following approach is necessary.
>
> 1) When a process related to a monitor fell, a system reboots.(Emergency Reboot)

Thats the lazy way out.