[Pacemaker] A demand to the process trouble.(OpenAIS/Corosync and Pacemaker)

renayama19661014 at ybb.ne.jp renayama19661014 at ybb.ne.jp
Fri Jul 17 03:35:31 EDT 2009

Hi Andrew,

> What do you mean by monitor here?
> Do you mean that pacemaker would no longer detect if those two processes died?

This monitor means the monitor of the resource.
When these processes fall, the monitor of the resource of lrmd/stonithd stops.
For example, the monitor of external/ssh and pgsql stops.

> Do you mean the way heartbeat behaves with "crm on" instead of "crm respawn" ?

I do not understand this meaning well.

I think that the following approach is necessary.

1) When a process related to a monitor fell, a system reboots.(Emergency Reboot)
2) When a process related to a monitor fell, a monitor does not stop even if it reboot.

The first approach thinks that realization is simple.

Best Regards,
Hideo Yamauchi.