[Pacemaker] crm_mon shows nothing about stonith 'reset' failure

Takenaka Kazuhiro takenaka.kazuhiro at oss.ntt.co.jp
Mon Sep 15 21:11:11 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I ran a test to see what would happen when stonith 'reset' failed.
Before the test, I thought 'crm_mon' should show something about the
failure. But 'crm_mon' didn't show anything.

What I did is the following.

1. I started the stonith-enabled two nodes cluster. The names of
   the nodes were 'node01' and 'node02'.  See configuration files
   in attached 'hb_reports.tgz' for more details.

   I made a few modifications to 'ssh' for the test and renamed it
   to 'sshTEST'. I also attached 'sshTEST'. The diferences are
   written in it.

2. I performed the following command.

   # iptables -A INPUT -i eth3 -p tcp --dport 22 -j REJECT

   'eth3' is connected to the network for 'sshTEST'.

3. I deleted the state file of 'dummy' at 'node01'.

   # rm -f /var/run/heartbeat/rsctmp/Dummy-dummy.state

Soon the failure of 'dummy' was logged into /var/log/ha-log
and 'crm_mon' also displayed it.

After a while the failure of 'reset' performed by 'sshTEST'
also logged, but 'crm_mon' didn't display it.

Did I make any misconfigurations or any misoperations that
made 'crm_mon' work incorrectly.

Or 'crm_mon' really don't show anything about stonith 'reset'
failure ?

I used Heartbeat(e8154a602bf4) + Pacemaker(d4a14f276c28)
for this test.

Best regard.
--
Takenaka Kazuhiro <takenaka.kazuhiro at oss.ntt.co.jp>