[Pacemaker] A note about the upcoming 1.0 release

Andrew Beekhof abeekhof at suse.de
Tue Sep 2 15:29:57 EDT 2008

In approximately 2 weeks, I will be creating a Stable-1.0 branch from
whatever is in 'dev' at the time.  After that I will begin release
testing and, if experience is any guide, 1.0.0 should be ready by the
first week of November.

This means that there is no better time to check out 0.7 (aka. dev)
and explore how the new (and old) features work - because once the
code is frozen^, that's how they're going to work for the next couple
of years.

Please do take the time to test drive the new code.  There really are
some great enhancements that make creating and maintaining the cluster
a great deal easier than before.  I'm sure once you try it, you'll not
want to go back to 0.6 ;-)

Also, be sure to check out the updated, and much expanded,
documentation.  You can download the PDF from:
    http://clusterlabs.org/mw/Image:Configuration_Explained_1.0.pdf

regards,
Andrew

^ Its practically frozen already.  There are at most 2 new features to
go in (but they'll probably not be ready in time) and only your
feedback and bug reports will be cause for any last minute changes.