[Pacemaker] cluster deadlock/malfunctioning

Andrew Beekhof beekhof at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 11:02:42 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 16:25, Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] <r.bhatia at ipax.at> wrote:
> dear list,
>
> i again encounter my cluster malfunctioning.
>
> i upgraded my configuration to use pam-ldap and libnss-ldap, which
> did not work out of the box.
>
> pacemaker tried to recover some errors and then stonithed both
> hosts.
>
> i now have only got:
>> Node: wc01 (31de4ab3-2d05-476e-8f9a-627ad6cd94ca): online
>> Node: wc02 (f36760d8-d84a-46b2-b452-4c8cac8b3396): online
>>
>> Clone Set: clone_nfs-common
>>     Resource Group: group_nfs-common:0
>>         nfs-common:0    (lsb:nfs-common):       Started wc02
>>     Resource Group: group_nfs-common:1
>>         nfs-common:1    (lsb:nfs-common):       Started wc01
>> Clone Set: DoFencing
>>     stonith_rackpdu:0   (stonith:external/rackpdu):     Started wc02
>>     stonith_rackpdu:1   (stonith:external/rackpdu):     Started wc01
>
> and pacemaker seems happy :)
>
> (please note, that i normally have several groups, clones and
> master/slave resources active.
>
> i took a look at pe-warn-12143.bz2 but do not know how to interpret the
> three different threads i see in the corresponding .dot file.

If there are no lines between sets of actions, then Pacemaker thinks
they're unrelated (from an ordering perspective).
Arrows indicate a (first) --> (then) relationship.

Ones with orange text are place-holders
Ones with black text are real actions
Ones with green borders are actions we'll try to execute
Ones with dashed red borders are actions we'd like to execute but
can't (for some reason)
Anything with an arrow pointing to it from dashed-red action will
never be run.

Apologies for not replying to your other problem also, I'm simply
swamped at the moment.