[ClusterLabs] Exception in adding resources to pacemaker

Miroslav Lisik mlisik at redhat.com
Thu Sep 26 13:56:10 UTC 2024

On 9/26/24 08:11, bixiaoyan wrote:

> After creating the group, there will be an error message when
> modifying the group meta attribute. The code snippet is as follows:
>
> #/usr/sbin/pcs resource group add mygroupVGFS VIP PGSQL
>
> #stdout:
>
> #stderr:
>
> #retcode:0
>
> #/usr/sbin/pcs resource meta mygroupresource-stickiness=10
>
> #stdout:
>
> #stderr:Error:unable to find a resource/clone/group:mygroup
>
> #retcode:1

This is strage. After `pcs resource group add`, group should be in the
CIB in case there is no error. Are these commands executed in sequence
on the same node? Could you try to save the CIB before and after `pcs
resource meta` command?

@Ken:
Is there any chance that after executing `cibadmin --patch --verbose
--xml-pipe`, execution of `cibadmin --local --query` will not return
updated CIB?