[ClusterLabs] Strange behavior of Resource stickiness

Александр Руденко a.rudikk at gmail.com
Tue May 28 09:41:06 EDT 2024

Klaus,

yes, these constraints were defined by pcs after manual move (pcs resource
move) and help about this action is clear:

Usage: pcs resource move...
    move <resource id> [destination node] [--master] [lifetime=<lifetime>]
         [--wait[=n]]
        Move the resource off the node it is currently running on by
creating
        a -INFINITY location constraint to ban the node. If destination
node is
        specified the resource will be moved to that node by creating
        an INFINITY location constraint to prefer the destination node. If
        --master is used the scope of the command is limited to the master
role
        and you must use the promotable clone id (instead of the resource
id).

        If lifetime is specified then the constraint will expire after that
        time, otherwise it defaults to infinity and the constraint can be
        cleared manually with 'pcs resource clear' or 'pcs constraint
delete'.
        Lifetime is expected to be specified as ISO 8601 duration (see
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601#Durations).

        If --wait is specified, pcs will wait up to 'n' seconds for the
        resource to move and then return 0 on success or 1 on error. If 'n'
is
        not specified it defaults to 60 minutes.

        If you want the resource to preferably avoid running on some nodes
but
        be able to failover to them use 'pcs constraint location avoids'.

It wasn't obvious, that move works just like constraint definition) I
should have read the help carefully.

Thank you for your help!