[ClusterLabs] Strange behavior of Resource stickiness

Александр Руденко a.rudikk at gmail.com
Tue May 28 04:39:37 EDT 2024

Hi!

I can't understand this strange behavior, help me please.

I have 3 nodes in my cluster, 4 vCPU/8GB RAM each. And about 70 groups, 2
resources in each group. First one resource is our custom resource which
configures Linux VRF and second one is systemd unit. Everything works fine.

We have next defaults:
pcs resource defaults
Meta Attrs: rsc_defaults-meta_attributes
  resource-stickiness=100

When I shutdown pacemaker service on NODE1, all the resources move to NODE2
and NODE3, it's okay. But when I start pacemaker service on NODE1, 3 of 70
groups move back to NODE1.
But I expect that no one resource will be moved back to NODE1.

I tried to set resource-stickiness=100 exactly for these 3 groups, but it
didn't help.

pcs resource config fsmt-41CC55C0
 Group: fsmt-41CC55C0
  Meta Attrs: resource-stickiness=100

Why are these 3 resource groups moving back?