[ClusterLabs] Resource Agents: pgsql vs. pgsqlms

Ede Wolf listac at nebelschwaden.de
Thu Jul 11 12:12:27 UTC 2024

Just let me take this mail as a placeholder to thank you all very much
for your rather fast replies!

Just wondering, besides implementation and documentation, is there an
overview of features / percieved advantages of one over the other?

One is, the older ra is somewhat more timeproven, the other the
language. Bash is realistic to read, perl probably not.

Since both documentations seem to not to be up to date, using those as a
baseline may not be the most useful for a comparison. Now, if that's all
there is, then be it.

Since this does not free us from actually testing both in a lab. But as
we are rather new to this as well, we might not initally have the
knowledge to evaluate both to its fullest.

Maybe we are missing or misjudging something that may come back later.
Of course, that is completely our responsibility, just trying to be
prepared as well as possible beforehand

Thanks again

Ede