[ClusterLabs] Totem decrypt with Wireshark

Jan Friesse jfriesse at redhat.com
Fri Mar 31 03:59:09 EDT 2023

Hi,

On 29/03/2023 08:51, Justino, Fabiana wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have corosync version 3.1.7-1, encrypted totem messages and would like to know how to decrypt them.
> Tried to disable encryption with crypto_cipher set to No and crypto_hash set to No but it keeps encrypted.

it's definitively not encrypted when encryption is disabled. Problem
with Wireshark is, that dissector for corosync (and knet) is not
implemented (actually there is corosync 1.x dissector, but protocol was
changed in corosync 2.x and 3.x) so it may appear "encrypted" - it's
not, it's just binary protocol.

Regards,
   Honza