[ClusterLabs] corosync 2.4.4 version provide secure the communication by default

S Sathish S s.s.sathish at ericsson.com
Sun Mar 26 06:42:21 EDT 2023

Hi Jan,

In Corosync which all scenario it send cpg message and what is impact if we are not secure communication.

  1.  Any outsider attacker can manipulate the system using unencrypted communication.
  2.  Corosync used for heartbeat communication in that we don't have any sensitive data really need to secure ? if not then any other sensitive data transferred via corosync communication.

Thanks and Regards,
S Sathish S