[ClusterLabs] Change hacluster password

Tomas Jelinek tojeline at redhat.com
Wed Jun 14 12:24:20 EDT 2023

Hi Jérôme,

Assuming you are asking about changing 'hacluster' password and its
impact to pcs authentication, the answer is that there is no impact and
you don't need to re-authenticate your nodes. If you have no tokens or
known-hosts in /var/lib/pcsd, then your nodes are not authenticated to
begin with, anyway.

To re-authenticate pcs on your cluster nodes, run 'pcs cluster auth'.
This will authenticate all nodes in the local cluster. Alternatively,
you can use 'pcs host auth' command, which allows you to specify nodes
manually. None of these commands have impact on resources running in the
cluster.

If you are using pcs web UI, you need to use new passwords when logging
in, obviously.

Regards,
Tomas