[ClusterLabs] corosync 2.4.4 version provide secure the communication by default

S Sathish S s.s.sathish at ericsson.com
Sun Jan 22 19:37:14 EST 2023

Hi Team,

corosync 2.4.4 version provide mechanism to secure the communication path between nodes of a cluster by default? bcoz in our configuration secauth is turned off but still communication occur is encrypted.

Note : Capture tcpdump for port 5405 and I can see that the data is already garbled and not in the clear.

[root at node1 ~]# cat /etc/corosync/corosync.conf
totem {
    version: 2
    cluster_name: OCC
   secauth: off