[ClusterLabs] How to block/stop a resource from running twice?

fs3000 fs3000 at proton.me
Fri Apr 21 06:23:44 EDT 2023

Hello all,

I'm configuring a two node cluster. Pacemaker 0.9.169 on Centos 7.

How can i configure a specific service to run just on one node and avoid having it running on more than one node simultaneously. If i start the service on the other node, it keeps running, pacemaker does not kill it. I have googled and searched the docs, but can't find a solution. This is for systemd resources. Any ideas please?

Example:

node1# pcs resource create httpd_service systemd:httpd op monitor interval=10s
node2# systemctl start httpd

httpd keeps running on both nodes. Ideally, pacemaker should kill a second instance of that service.

Thanks in advance for any tips you might have.