[ClusterLabs] manner in which cluster migrates VirtualDomain - ?

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 19 02:00:34 EDT 2023

On 18/04/2023 21:02, Ken Gaillot wrote:
> On Tue, 2023-04-18 at 19:36 +0200, lejeczek via Users wrote:

>>> 1. Call resource agent migrate_to action on original node
>>> 2. Call resource agent migrate_from action on new node
>>> 3. Call resource agent stop action on original node

>>> The allow-migrate resource meta-attribute (true/false)

>>> It's sort of scattered throughout Pacemaker Explained -- the main
>>> one
>>> is:
>>>
>>> https://clusterlabs.org/pacemaker/doc/2.1/Pacemaker_Explained/html/advanced-options.html#migrating-resources

>>> The migration-limit cluster property specifies how many live
>>> migrations
>>> may be initiated at once (the default of -1 means unlimited).
>> But if this is cluster property - unless I got it wrong,
>> hopefully - then this govern any/all resources.
>> If so, can such a limit be rounded down to RA type or
>> perhaps group of resources?
>>
>> many thanks, L.
> No, it's global
To me it feels so intuitive, so natural & obvious that I
will ask - nobody yet suggested that such feature be
available to smaller divisions of cluster independently of
global rule?
In the vastness of resource types many are polar opposites
and to treat them all the same?
Would be great to have some way to tell cluster to run
different migration/relocation limits on for eg.
compute-heavy resources VS light-weight ones - where to
"file" such a enhancement suggestion, Bugzilla?

many thanks, L.