[ClusterLabs] Offtopic - role migration

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Tue Apr 18 13:50:26 EDT 2023

Btw, an interesting question. How much efforts would it take to support a
migration of a Master role over the nodes? An use-case is drbd, configured
for a multi-master mode internally, but with master-max=1 in the resource
definition. Assuming that resource-agent supports that flow -
1. Do nothing.
2. Promote on a dest node.
3. Demote on a source node.

Actually just wonder, because may be it could be some-how achievable to
migrate VM which are on top of drbd which is not a multi-master in
pacemaker. Fully theoretical case. Didn't verify the flow in-the-mind.

I believe that currently only the top-most resource is allowed to migrate,
but may be there is some room for impovement?

Sorry for the off-topic.

Best
Vlad