[ClusterLabs] Location not working [FIXED]

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Wed Apr 12 04:09:38 EDT 2023

On Wed, Apr 12, 2023 at 9:27 AM Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 11, 2023 at 6:27 PM Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 2023-04-11 at 17:31 +0300, Miro Igov wrote:
> > > I fixed the issue by changing location definition from:
> > >
> > > location intranet-ip_on_any_nginx intranet-ip \
> > >         rule -inf: opa-nginx_1_active eq 0 \
> > >         rule -inf: opa-nginx_2_active eq 0

> > > location intranet-ip_on_any_nginx intranet-ip \
> > >         rule opa-nginx_1_active eq 1 \
> > >            rule opa-nginx_2_active eq 1
> > >
> > > Now it works fine and shows the constraint with: crm res constraint
> > > intranet-ip
> >
> > Ah, I suspect the issue was that the original constraint compared only
> > against 0, when initially (before the resources ever start) the
> > attribute is undefined.
> >

> This does not really explain the original question. Apparently the
> attribute *was* defined but somehow ignored.
>
> Apr 10 12:11:02 intranet-test2 pacemaker-attrd[1511]:  notice: Setting
> opa-nginx_1_active[intranet-test1]: 1 -> 0
>   * intranet-ip (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):        Started intranet-test1

But that log is from a different node that sets the node-attribute for
another node and some time has gone by till the IP was detected
to be running unwantedly (a failure of the nfs-service recorded 14min
later - so at least that much). A lot can have happened in between like
rejoins - not saying what happened (like merging the CIBs) did
happen as it should have - but the log-line isn't necessarily a proof
that the attribute was still at 0. Searching the logs for changes
in the cluster-topology in the time in between may give some insights.

Klaus