[ClusterLabs] Corosync over dedicated interface?

Kevin P. Fleming kevin at km6g.us
Wed Sep 28 11:42:53 EDT 2022

On Wed, Sep 28, 2022 at 11:37 AM Dave Withheld <davewithheld at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to get corosync to use the private network and stop trying to use the LAN for cluster communications? Or am I totally off-base and am missing something in my drbd/pacemaker configuration?

Absolutely! When I setup my two-node cluster recently I did exactly
that. If you are using 'pcs' to manage your cluster, ensure that you
add the 'addr=' parameter during 'pcs host auth' so that Corosync and
the layers above it will use that address for the host. Something
like:

$ pcs host auth cluster-node-1 addr=192.168.10.1 cluster-node-2
addr=192.168.10.2

In this mode the node's name is never 'looked up' to find an IP
address, the IP address is stored in the configuration.