[ClusterLabs] DRBD and SQL Server

Brian brian at tenethor.ddns.net
Mon Sep 26 06:10:51 EDT 2022

Eric

Up until recently I was running mariaDB on my cluster with a DRBD storage. As for the server it ran perfectly fine in my use. Just a home server with not too much demand.

About I week ago I decided to move from DRBD to a NAS tho because I kept having issues with the DRBD syncing and split brain. I believe it was probably a configuration problem on my part but I couldn’t figure it out and I had the NAS already setup so the switch was easy. To DRBDs credit, when it worked it worked perfectly fine and I did like the idea of having the data multiply redundant and not having a single point of failure like I do with the NAS.

My next project maybe to setup a glusterFS instead and see how that fairs.

Brian

Sent from my iPhone