[ClusterLabs] (no subject)

Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais jgdr at dalibo.com
Wed Sep 7 06:28:12 EDT 2022

Hey,

On Wed, 7 Sep 2022 19:12:53 +0900
권오성 <kwonos.kau at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
> I am a student who wants to implement a redundancy system with raspberry pi.
> Last time, I posted about how to proceed with installation on raspberry pi
> and received a lot of comments.
> Among them, I searched a lot after looking at the comments saying that
> fencing stonith should not be false.
> (ex -> sudo pcs property set stonith-enabled=false)
> However, I saw a lot of posts saying that there is no choice but to do
> false because there is no ipmi in raspberry pi, and I wonder how we can
> solve it in this situation.

Fencing is not juste about IPMI:
* you can use external smart devices to shut down your nodes (eg. PDU, UPS, a
  self-made fencing device
  (https://www.alteeve.com/w/Building_a_Node_Assassin_v1.1.4))
* you can fence a node by disabling its access to the network from a
  manageable switch, without shutting down the node
* you can use 1/2/3 shared storage + the hardware RPi watchdog using the SBD
  service
* you can use the internal hardware RPi watchdog using the SBD service, without
  shared disk