[ClusterLabs] trace of resource - sometimes restart, sometimes not

Reid Wahl nwahl at redhat.com
Fri Oct 7 15:38:53 EDT 2022

On Fri, Oct 7, 2022 at 6:05 AM Lentes, Bernd
<bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de> wrote:

> ----- On 7 Oct, 2022, at 01:08, Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com wrote:
>

> > Yes, trace_ra is an agent-defined resource parameter, not a Pacemaker-
> > defined meta-attribute. Resources are restarted anytime a parameter
> > changes (unless the parameter is set up for reloads).
> >
> > trace_ra is unusual in that it's supported automatically by the OCF
> > shell functions, rather than by the agents directly. That means it's
> > not advertised in metadata. Otherwise agents could mark it as
> > reloadable, and reload would be a quick no-op.
> >

> OK. But why no restart if i just set "crm resource trace dlm monitor" ?

I would guess that it's because `crm resource trace dlm monitor`
updates only a resource operation's attributes, while `crm resource
trace dlm` updates the resource's instance attributes. An update to
the operation attributes might not get considered when calculating the
digest, while an update to the instance attributes does... not sure
off the top of my head. Ken likely knows