[ClusterLabs] Corosync over dedicated interface?

Tomas Jelinek tojeline at redhat.com
Mon Oct 3 08:45:49 EDT 2022

Dne 28. 09. 22 v 18:22 Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais via Users napsal(a):
> Hi,
>
> A small addendum below.
>
> On Wed, 28 Sep 2022 11:42:53 -0400
> "Kevin P. Fleming" <kevin at km6g.us> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 28, 2022 at 11:37 AM Dave Withheld <davewithheld at hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Is it possible to get corosync to use the private network and stop trying
>>> to use the LAN for cluster communications? Or am I totally off-base and am
>>> missing something in my drbd/pacemaker configuration?
>>
>> Absolutely! When I setup my two-node cluster recently I did exactly
>> that. If you are using 'pcs' to manage your cluster, ensure that you
>> add the 'addr=' parameter during 'pcs host auth' so that Corosync and
>> the layers above it will use that address for the host. Something
>> like:
>>
>> $ pcs host auth cluster-node-1 addr=192.168.10.1 cluster-node-2
>> addr=192.168.10.2
>
> You can even set multiple rings so corosync can rely on both:
>
>    $ pcs host auth                                    \
>      cluster-node-1 addr=192.168.10.1 addr=10.20.30.1 \
>      cluster-node-2 addr=192.168.10.2 addr=10.20.30.2

Hi,

Just a little correction.

The 'pcs host auth' command accepts only one addr= for each node. The
address will be then used for pcs communication. If you don't put any
addr= in the 'pcs cluster setup' command, it will be used for corosync
communication as well.

However, if you want to set corosync to use multiple rings, you do that
by specifying addr= in the 'pcs cluster setup' command like this:

pcs cluster setup cluster_name \
cluster-node-1 addr=192.168.10.1 addr=10.20.30.1 \
cluster-node-2 addr=192.168.10.2 addr=10.20.30.2

If you used addr= in the 'pcs host auth' command and you want the same
address to be used by corosync, you need to specify that address in the
'pcs cluster setup' command. If you only specify the second address,
you'll end up with a one-ring cluster.

Regards,
Tomas