[ClusterLabs] Adding new nodes

Reid Wahl nwahl at redhat.com
Fri Nov 11 14:57:12 EST 2022

On Fri, Nov 11, 2022 at 9:56 AM Alastair Basden <a.g.basden at durham.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to add some new nodes to a cluster.
>
> pcs cluster auth node8
> worked fine, but:
> pcs cluster node add node8
> gives:
> Error: cluster is configured for RRP, you have to specify ring 1 address for the node
>
> I've added the nodes to /etc/corosync/corosync.conf (and copied to all
> nodes), what else do I need to do?  I've tried restarting pacemaker.
>
> This is on centos7.

Generally speaking you wouldn't add the nodes manually to
corosync.conf if you plan to use `pcs cluster node add`. Judging by
the error message, you'll need to specify a ring 1 address with `pcs
cluster node add`. So that would look something like `pcs cluster node
add node8,node8-bkp` if `node8-bkp` is an alternate hostname that goes
to a secondary IP address for node8.

    node add <node[,node-altaddr]> [--start [--wait[=<n>]]] [--enable]
            [--watchdog=<watchdog-path>] [--device=<path>] ...
            [--no-watchdog-validation]
        Add the node to the cluster and sync all relevant configuration files
        to the new node. If --start is specified also start cluster on the new
        node, if --wait is specified wait up to 'n' seconds for the new node to
        start. If --enable is specified configure cluster to start on the new
        node on boot.
        When using Redundant Ring Protocol (RRP) with udpu transport, specify
        the ring 0 address first followed by a ',' and then the ring 1 address.
        Use --watchdog to specify path to watchdog on newly added node, when
        SBD is enabled in cluster. If SBD is configured with shared storage,
        use --device to specify path to shared device on new node. If
        --no-watchdog-validation is specified, validation of watchdog will be
        skipped. This command can only be run on an existing cluster node.

With that said, it should also work without pcs. Have you tried
stopping pacemaker and corosync on all nodes and then starting it
again? Corosync, not just pacemaker, needs to be aware of the change.