[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Re: Q: How to clean up a failed fencing operation?

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Fri May 13 02:22:41 EDT 2022

On Tue, May 3, 2022 at 11:53 AM Ulrich Windl
<Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:

> <CAPiuu98BFCiG8gkUOGLXYEyFjdOTahFeTXjWP79dBxDO71RTtA at mail.gmail.com>:
> > On Tue, May 3, 2022 at 12:36 AM Ulrich Windl
> > <Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni‑regensburg.de> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> I'm familiar with cleaning up various failed resource actions via
> > "crm_resource ‑C ‑r resource_name ‑N node_name ‑n operation".
> >> However I wonder wha tthe correct paraneters for a failed fencing operation
>
> > (that lingers around) are.
> >
> > stonith_admin ‑‑history '*' ‑‑cleanup
>
> Ah, a completely different command! Interestingly this does not produce any
> logs in syslog (no DC action).

Fencing history is totally independent from failure history for
resources that is
recorded in the cib. That is part of the strategy to have the fencing framework
operate kind of independently from DC, scheduler and stuff.
It lives purely within the framework built by the fenced instances and
broadcasted
between those instances to keep it current - or purged if requested.
DC role thus isn't relevant for working with the fencing history.
Of course operations on the fencing history can create logs but they may be
below the usually enabled level. Nothing there should influence the behavior
of the cluster (you can't purge pending actions).

Klaus