[ClusterLabs] preventing fencing op on resource stop failure

Nikola Ciprich nikola.ciprich at linuxbox.cz
Mon Mar 21 05:31:15 EDT 2022

Hello dear fellow pacemaker users and developers,

we've recently experienced unplanned outages caused by failure
to stop rather unimportant resource.. This was caused by default
setting to fence the node on failing stop operation.

While we'll investigate further those stop failures, I'd still
like to change this setting. We're perfectly fine with resource to
remain hanging in failed state when this happens, we'll see this
in monitoring and act accordingly. However setting on-fail action
to block also prevents restarting resources on their crash, which
is not what we want... Is there a way to disable fence for stop
failures, but to keep other behaviour as it is?

maybe I'm missing something obvious?

thanks a lot in advance!

with best regards

nik