[ClusterLabs] PAF with postgresql 13?

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 8 12:44:36 EST 2022

On 08/03/2022 16:20, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais wrote:
> Removing the node attributes with the resource might be legit from the
> Pacemaker point of view, but I'm not sure how they can track the dependency
> (ping Ken?).
>
> PAF has no way to know the ressource is being deleted and can not remove its
> node attribute before hand.
>
> Maybe PCS can look for promotable score and remove them during the "resource
> delete" command (ping Tomas)?
bit of catch-22, no?
To those of us to whom it's first foray into all "this" it
might be - it was to me - I see "attributes" hanging on for
no reason, resource does not exist, then first thing I want
to do is a "cleanup" - natural - but this to result in
inability to re-create the resource(all remain slaves) at
later time with 'pcs' one-liner (no cib-push) is a: no no
should be not...
... because, at later time, why should not resource
re/creation with 'pcs resource create' bring back those
'node attrs' ?

Unless... 'pgsqlms' can only be done by 'cib-push' under
every circumstance - so, a) after manual node attr removal
b) clean cluster, very first no prior 'pgsqlms' resource
deployment.

yes, it would be great to have this
'improvement/enhancement' in future releases incorporated -
those node attr removed @resource removal time.

many thanks, L.