[ClusterLabs] PAF with postgresql 13?

Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais jgdr at dalibo.com
Fri Jun 24 06:13:45 EDT 2022

Hi,

On Wed, 22 Jun 2022 16:36:03 +0000
CHAMPAGNE Julie <julie.champagne at pm.gouv.fr> wrote:

> # pcs resource create pgsqld ocf:heartbeat:pgsqlms \
> pgdata="/etc/postgresql/11/main" \
> bindir="/usr/lib/postgresql/11/bin" \
> datadir="/var/lib/postgresql/11/main" \
> recovery_template="/etc/postgresql/recovery.conf.pcmk" \
> op start timeout=60s \
> op stop timeout=60s \
> op promote timeout=30s \
> op demote timeout=120s \
> op monitor interval=15s timeout=10s role="Master" \
> op monitor interval=16s timeout=10s role="Slave" \
> op notify timeout=60s
>
> # pcs resource clone pgsqld meta notify=true

I'm not sure of the compatibility with Debian 10, but this should be either one
of these commands:

  pcs resource promotable pgsqld pgsqld-clone meta notify=true
  pcs resource master pgsqld meta notify=true

If you want to use this two step syntax, see the fine manual of pcs or eg.:

  https://clusterlabs.github.io/PAF/Quick_Start-Debian-9-pcs.html#cluster-resources

Arguments "clone" and "master" have two different meanings. A "clone" ressource
is a simple one-state ressources that must be cloned and start on a various
number of node. Think httpd. The clones can either be stopped or started.
Pacemaker doesn't expect to be able promote a clone.

The "master"/"promotable" resources are an extension of clone ressources with an
additional state: stopped, started and promoted. In the last versions of
Pacemaker, we talk about clone -vs- promotable clone.

Under Debian 10, you can create your resource with the flag "promotable".
Compare previous link with this one:

  https://clusterlabs.github.io/PAF/Quick_Start-Debian-10-pcs.html#cluster-resources