[ClusterLabs] What's the number in "Servant pcmk is outdated (age: 682915)"

Gao,Yan ygao at suse.com
Wed Jun 1 07:14:22 EDT 2022

Hi Ulrich,

On 2022/6/1 7:59, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm wondering what the number in parentheses is for these messages:
> sbd[6809]:  warning: inquisitor_child: pcmk health check: UNHEALTHY
> sbd[6809]:  warning: inquisitor_child: Servant pcmk is outdated (age: 682915)

As we know, each sbd watcher daemon (servant) is supposed to report
"healthy" status to sbd inquisitor daemon timely if the object is fine.
In here, the sbd pcmk servant proactively reported "unhealthy" status.

The "age" value from the log message in this case with pcmk/cluster
servant is indeed confusing though, since internally there's a coding
trick for this case to intentionally make any previous "healthy" status
directly aged (outdated). The value itself here is basically the tv_sec
value from clock_gettime() minus 1, which is not really meaningful for
users.

Regards,
   Yan