[ClusterLabs] IPaddr2 resource times out and cant be killed

Ross Sponholtz rsponholtz at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 29 15:51:58 EDT 2022

I’m running a RHEL pacemaker cluster on Azure, and I’ve gotten a failure & fencing where I get these messages in the log file:

warning: vip_ABC_30_monitor_10000 process (PID 1779737) timed out
crit: vip_ABC_30_monitor_10000 process (PID 1779737) will not die!

This resource uses the IPAddr2 resource agent.  I’ve looked at the agent code, and I can’t pinpoint any reason it would hang up, and since the node gets fenced, I can’t tell why this happens – any ideas on what kinds of failures could cause this problem?

Thanks,
Ross