[ClusterLabs] Cannot add a node with pcs

Tomas Jelinek tojeline at redhat.com
Tue Jul 12 06:50:38 EDT 2022

Hi Piotr,

Based on 'pcs cluster node add n2' and 'pcs config' outputs, pcs added
the node to your cluster successfully, that is corosync config has been
modified, distributed and loaded.

It looks like the problem is with pacemaker. This is a wild guess, but
maybe pacemaker wants to fence n2, which is not possible, as you
disabled stonith. In the meantime, n1 and n3 do not allow n2 to join,
until it's confirmed fenced. Try looking into / posting 'pcs status
--full' and pacemaker log.

With stonith disabled, you have a working cluster (seemingly). Until you
don't, due to an event which requires working stonith for the cluster to
recover.

Regards,
Tomas