[ClusterLabs] Booth ticket multi-site and quorum /Pacemaker

Viet Nguyen vietnguyen1254 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 16:37:40 EST 2022

Hi,

Could you please help me out with this question?

I have 4 nodes cluster running in the same network but in 2 different sites
(building A - 2 nodes and building B - 2 nodes). My objective is to
setup HA for this cluster with pacemaker. The expectation is if a site is
down, the other site still services.

>From what I could understand so far, in order to make it work, it needs to
have booth ticket manager installed in a different location, let's say
building C which connects to both sites A and B.

With this assumption, i would like to ask few questions:

   1. Am i right that I need to setup the booth ticket manager as a quorum
   voter as well?
   2. What happens if  the connection between site A and B is down, but the
   connection between A and C, B and C still up? In this case, both site A and
   B still have the quorum as it can connect to C, but not between each other?
   3. Or is there any better way to manage 2 sites cluster, each has 2
   nodes? And if one site is down like environmental disaster, then, the other
   site still services.

Thank you so much for your help!
Regards,
Viet