[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Antw: Antw: Re: Antw: [EXT] Re: crm resource stop VirtualDomain ‑ but VirtualDomain shutdown start some minutes later

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Feb 17 06:46:35 EST 2022

>>> "Lentes, Bernd" <bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de> schrieb am 17.02.2022 um
12:02 in Nachricht
<171889141.179613256.1645095740749.JavaMail.zimbra at helmholtz-muenchen.de>:

> ----- On Feb 17, 2022, at 10:26 AM, Ulrich Windl

>> To correct myself: crm was a "-w" (wait) option that will wait until the DC
> is
>> idle. In most cases it just waits until the operation requeszted has
> completed
>> (or failed).
> Hi Ulrich,
>
> but stopping the domains with -w would last very long. We have 20
> VirtualDomains.
> Our UPS does not have so much capacity for waiting such a long time.

Now Bernd,

the answer is easy: Do you want to wait, or don't you want to wait? It's your choice!
(The DC will wait anyway unless you tell it to do everything in parallel (which you don't want (you said earlier)))
In the beginning you were asking why some operations aren't started at all. That question should be answered by now.

Regards,
Ulrich